Thursday, December 10, 2009

Semester Winding Down

Semester horribilis to steal from Queen Elizabeth. What a horrible semester! In looking back I question many things:

1) Should I have overcome everything and pushed forward (no, I tried; foreclosure, bankruptcy, my son's mental health issues, not to mention the chemistry department's lack of taking care of their issues)

2) Will this affect me for med school (perhaps, but if I don't try, if I don't continue on; trying something different, I will never know)

3) Did I learn anything (absolutely!!! LOVED biochem, which btw, in the professor's defense, it was my bad; there was a 2nd study guide that I spaced out that DID have the cystic fibrosis and sickle cell trait items on it; completely my fault)

4) Did I learn anything else (yes; I really want to be a family doc; neuro has peeked my interest; research is something I love)

5) Am I glad it is over? There is the yes answer, the h*** yes answer, and then the answer to that question. Very glad.

I will be taking my chemistry sequence elsewhere for reasons I cannot post. Those who know understand and support this. During my break I 'm pre-reading the "textbook" for neurology (it is a paperback novel-like book written by Dr. Doidge -fascinating); will be registering for the summer physics institute so I can complete that series; and relaxing.

Foreclosure done. Bankruptcy not going through with it (don't need to with my home settled). My son is safe and doing well with my parents (Thank you Mom and Dad - you rawk!). I will figure out a way to pay for this semester (yet unpaid due to home) and pay for next semester.

Mostly, I'm going to relax. Rejuvenate. Cheers!

2 comments:

Kimberly_h said...

Good. Keep it going. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Kimberly_h said...

OH! I am glad that the quarter is over. I am looking forward to regrouping and starting Chemistry again, so I can kick it's butt. LOL. I got a "B" ... "B+". I despise anything that is not an "A". Now I know what to expect. I had no idea before I took the class.