Friday, January 8, 2010

House Gone, Ad2b Homeless

Yikes. Better financial institutions make major blundering mistakes than medical professionals. We have med mal, I think we should have mort mal as well.

The official letter I got sent in November stating the new payment and new interest rate was inadvertent. The refinance paperwork I FedEx'd to Wells Fargo never was reviewed.

When I received the letter from Wells it appeared financially that the bank had finally used whatever foreclosure prevention programs are available.

They did not.

Apparently, the bank routinely sends letters like that and because I had never received one before, obviously, with great joy, I thought finally! I can fix this house with the insurance funds, sell it and move on with med school path.

I have T minus 51 days to find a place to live, find the money to move, get my 4 bedroom, 3 bath house packed, and get out. On March 1, the bank will send a locksmith out to change the locks on the door and anything in the home is then the property of Wells Fargo. If I continue to dwell here, it is unlawful trespassing and I would be sent to jail.

Kind of sucks the life out of me in a way. In another way, at least it is truly done.

Door closed; looking for open window.

4 comments:

Slamdunk said...

Sorry to hear about that. I'll pray for you and your situation.

A Doc 2 Be said...

Thank you on both accounts.

Door closed; window opening somewhere, I just need to find it!!!

Mr. C said...

I know how annoying it is to have someone put a positive spin on a very stressful, and sad situation... but, too bad!

When you think about all the time and energy you have no doubt put into worrying about this particular monkey on your back, I think you'll find that Wells Fargo has (in a way) set you free.

Once you get over the shock of this sudden turn of events, I think you'll find that your step will be a little lighter... a little less weighed down by the chains of the past.

When you have nothing left to lose, you have everything to gain. Get excited! You are getting a chance to re-invent yourself. Lucky dog!

A Doc 2 Be said...

Mr. C,

It is not the loss of the 4 walls and roof, it is the loss of financial stability, guilt over having really screwed my parents over, and instability of "now what" that bothered (notice the ending) me most.

Since last Th, a friend notified me her mother passed away. THAT is far worse than my situation will one day be a blip on the road to med school (I hope).

Thanks for stopping by,

Ad2b