Friday, January 15, 2010

Reserach Opportunity Requested

Hoping it comes through. Not sure what is entailed with UROPs but this one works with a neurologist with Parkinson's disease. While not ALS specifically, I believe, it is in the same class of MNDs that afflict many.

What I think would be interesting is to further study the genetic mutation that leads to ALS but I'm not sure the current professor does that type of research or not... actually, being that his focus in on Parkinson's, probably not.

It will work out... I know. I have my classes listed on a sheet of paper for Tuesday's start of spring semester. I'm planning on attending classes as if I were registered and praying that I can do so quickly. It would be grand to have that aspect of my life settled.

With the blip that has been the summer and now fall, I will only be one full year behind my original schedule which was to apply this summer. No big deal really. When I started this journey I was told by many physicians, it's a marathon, not a sprint. Don't rush a mediocre app to the finish line, when you can put an A+ app in the adcom's hands instead.

Quality > quantity. I'll keep reminding myself of that. I want a quality, stand-out application, not a "look how fast I finished my pre-med reqs."

Make it a great day - donate to the Red Cross if you can. If you think you have it bad here, at least we have a roof over our head, roads to drive on, fresh water to drink, food to eat, and a warm, comfy bed to sleep in.

No comments: