Thursday, March 4, 2010

Go Do It

Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.

Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman


Been a long time since I logged onto a certain older non-traditional student premed forum. Saw my signature line written above.

Some two years ago when I registered on that forum, I had no idea where my life would take me during the next two or three years but I knew that going back into the business world was killing me. I never fit in.

I likewise knew how excited I was to take chemistry, how the inner workings of biochemistry made my smile beam. My feelings have not changed.

The quote by Howard Thurman applies to anyone, not just me. Find something you love and chase it. Find your dream, and pursue as if your life depends on it, for honestly, it just may.

People who are happy in their careers and academic endeavors are more balanced, more affable, more-better (haha, great English) to be around.

Depression sets in when people don't find an activity they enjoy. Depression sets in when people sit on the gluteus and become idle.

The world needs more people to come alive. Thankfully, I'm chasing my own dream and I have, become alive.

No comments: