Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Reality Check (edited)

Got a call, several actually, from my mom yesterday and early this morning. Found them this morning when I finally found my phone.

Was thinking she was calling about the insurance on the car, the payments required for other things, grants for this and that related to school. But no, that was not the case.

Dad is in the hospital. He is almost 80. Young at heart but his body has still been functioning for 80 years.

Reality check. Has the stress of my life caused him to start failing earlier than he might have otherwise. Reality check. I know he is worried sick over my situation and the numerous hardships I've faced during the past two years.

Now I'm sick. He is ... the greatest man I know.

Edited:

Dad is home and resting comfortably. Apparently, he got a good case of the flu and the fluid loss was creating havoc.

He is fine. I'm relieved... more than relieved!

4 comments:

ForeverRhonda said...

I'm so sorry about your dad. I hope that he recovers and quickly. My thoughts are with you.

Slamdunk said...

I'm sorry to hear about your father. That must be difficult for you all.

He is in my prayers.

A Doc 2 Be said...

Thank you. We'll know more when he has some tests run. His physician is the one I shadow so I know Dad is in very good, caring, compassionate hands.

Babylonian Princess said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I will keep him in my prayers.