Sunday, September 26, 2010

Broken Window - Part II

Yes, I went to the movie tonight about Mallory's expedition to the summit of Everest. As I think I mentioned in an earlier blog post, I am tentatively going to Nepal and Tibet in a year to hike to base camp one, a mere 17,000 ft above sea level.

Anyway, the movie was escapism in finest form... I needed that tonight. The last three weeks have been an emotional roller coaster.

Movie delivered! Yeay me!

Came to truck to warm up, and found back side window smashed out, MY backpack taken... with my research papers, books, TI-85 platinum calculator, notes, misc pencils/pens/highliters, and "cheaters" ...

The thieves did not take my son's backpack, we don't live in the "hood" - the area where I was at is supposedly pretty nice. Have been going there for 10 years and never had an issue.

Until tonight.

Damn, it was cold outside driving home!!

Make yours a good day for me, thank you :)

3 comments:

Old MD Girl said...

That sucks.

At least you got to enjoy the movie.

Slamdunk said...

Sorry to hear about the crime--that is never a good feeling.

Hiking in Nepal will be amazing. I can't wait to hear about that.

A Doc 2 Be said...

The trip to Nepal is questionable but if I land one of the current contracts or perm roles I'm up for, then it is a probable.

Really depends on people in my life right now; or more succinctly, the one who is on hiatus :D