Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Next Job?

As you all know, I in full on-bore panic mode. My first field of choice has always been pediatric oncology. I LOVE kids, I love sick kiddos even more; and their parents are to be cherished as well. The struggles parents pass through when their child is diagnosed with cancer, is tantamount to Tsunami Evocationsadnessistis. The pain, fear, and roller coaster ride are chronic, even if the child survives and thrives into adulthood (a parent is always a parent, eh?)

Anyway, I can't be in school this semester. When my truck was broken into, about $700 in books were taken as well as all my research notes, lecture notes, organic molecule parts and pieces, calculator, and my favorite types of pens and pencils (PhD) which are not cheap.

I just didn't have the funds to replace all that; and honestly, given Mr. Skydiver and I right now, I thought it best to take a semester off.

Thanks to Dr. Ella over at her blog, I've found a new career... as she suggested to readers NOT to do... without further adieu, here are the steps for me to take into my next career.

(Don't laugh. My ex boyfriend's sister - the physician's sister - is in this field.)
---------------------------
How to Join the Circus

I want to do this! What's This? ..

It sounds like a joke from childhood, but circuses are still around and they're still as fun as ever. A circus gives you the chance to travel, perform in front of people at close range and hang around a multi-talented group. Follow these steps to join the circus.

Instructions.

1) Find out what it really means to join the circus. Read "Under the Big Top: A Season with the Circus" by Bruce Feiler. He traveled with the Clyde Beatty-Cole Bros. Circus as a clown for 8 months. The book gives you a behind-the-scenes look at circus life.

2) Decide what you want to do when you join the circus. Try different physical activities like acrobatics, juggling and stilt walking. Practice doing a clown act at kids' birthday parties to see if you like it.

3) Go to a circus school to perfect your clown act or learn acts in high demand like tight-rope walking, breathing fire and flying on the trapeze. Most circus schools are abroad but search the list on DMOZ.org to locate courses in the U.S.

4) Get creative with your act. Whether you go to a circus school or train with a performer, you'll need to offer something that will draw in crowds.

5) Practice your act and perfect every small detail. Circus recruiters know what to look for and will eliminate candidates based on small imperfections.

6) Check out Circusweb.com for a list of circuses. Contact them about joining. Be prepared to send a video of your performance or audition in person.

7) Consider working behind the scenes. You'll be around the circus folks but won't have to risk injury or the pressures of performing.

Read more: How to Join the Circus
eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2060142_join-circus.html#ixzz12B3Y3Ic2

No comments: