Tuesday, October 26, 2010

No One Said I Had

to be an MD; just me.  It is my first choice, although choosing between very sick kids and treating them, or researching insidious maladies of the furred kids is more difficult.

The reason may not be so apparent.

While hundreds of researchers scour the reasons for various childhood cancers, very few research remedies for other species' maladies.

Yes, I'm talking about bloat.  Yes, I've reached out to the veterinarian PhD program about options there.

I'm not sure I have the ability to research ON animals - but those are the questions I will ask. I know I could not be the vet who puts the plastic stomach inside the cow to see how digestion works in that animal. I find that incredibly disgusting and twisted.

We'll see. I'm still searching for my future.

2 comments:

Christine said...

It's an exciting search! It's a journey, right? Not just the destination. Each twist and turn and departure is exciting. :)

A Doc 2 Be said...

Ha! You are so right, and you even know the cow of which I speak!

haha - the good old days at the meat lab /faint