Sunday, November 14, 2010

Oh, What To Do

For some reason, in my boredom tonight, I wondered what ever happened to one of my oldest and best friends. We had a falling out a few years ago; my then boyfriend didn't think much of her, she hated him; I broke up with him, whined about it (yes, some of you do know that story), and she dumped me as a friend.

Hung up on me, in fact. When I called back thinking my line had just gone dead, she did it again. Now, mind you, this is the same friend that would ask me to come to her parties, drive 200 miles to be there for her, only to have her ignore me the whole night. Same friend that also asked me to be her maid of honor, and then asked someone else after I moved away.

I digress.

Anyway, I do not know why I Googled her husband's name tonight, but I did. A fellow trapper says he has terminal cancer; post was in April of this year.

Do I call? Do I write? I always really really liked him and I feel just sick.

Guess that's my answer.

3 comments:

Mi said...

Hello ADoc2b,

Call your friend. You would feel better and she would definitely be grateful. Anyway, that is what I think I would do if I were in your shoes.

Slamdunk said...

I say try contacting. Life is too short. I prefer writing (online or traditional) as it is less intrusive, but that is just me.

A Doc 2 Be said...

I agree with both of you; and think I will take the letter writing instead as it is definitely less intrusive.

Thank you.