Friday, December 17, 2010

Brain Wiring - Toys

While trying to figure out what to get my son for Christmas, I found a list of cool electronic gifts.  Among the gifts was a toy called Mindflex.  After reviewing the site, and reviewing some other material on it, seemed like a plausible electronic gadget especially given the book by Dr. Doidge on the ability of the mind to remap itself.

You can watch the video here:



So, I also started wondering about what videos I might find outside of Mattel's site (Mattel is the manufacturer).  Guess my comfort level would have been higher had it been from a med device company or research institute or pick-your-favorite other clinical type company.  Mattel is none of those.

Quickly, I had several other videos to watch on the Mindflex hoax.  I have not had time to research why the 2nd video works (some of you more sciency people probably already have it figured out - I'm guessing moisture on the side of the head wearing ear muffs = sponge demonstration). 

So, here's that video.  Let me know your thoughts.



I'm kind of sad to see the scam video as I was hoping there was new neurological research being performed that would help with PD patients, or ALS patients or ... but apparently, not so much.

Make it a great day anyway!

No comments: