Monday, April 25, 2011

In Stitches - Anthony Youn, M.D.

Went to Vegas a few weeks ago, packed exactly:

2 pairs of dressy/strappy/flirty shoes
1 pair of running shoes (waste)
5 flirty dresses

and a book, 'In Stitches' which is coming out TOMORROW, April 26th!

I do not fly coach.  Ever.  I am hopeful that I never will fly coach again.  (Trust me, with a 38" inseam, coach and my legs/knees/hips do not get along well.  And who am I kidding, I LOVE the leather seats up in front!)

Let me phrase this in such a way... there are "expectations" when you fly first. You must sit right, wear the appropriate attire (I wore dress white shorts with strappy sandals not packed, replete with very whispy silk blouse that reveals without revealing).  You don't speak to the well coifed man sitting next to you, and certainly, by GOD, you

DO NOT LAUGH OUT LOUD!

Ever.

I did.  I couldn't help it.  I think I even let out... le' gasp, a little "snort" at one point.  Actually, I think I let out a few, and then peered querulously around the corner of the leather chair back in front of me to see if the U.S. Marshals were going to put me back in coach.

Safe.  I picked the book back up and giggled.  Then I laughed out loud AGAIN, and then, it happened.  I gasped for air, and, ... I let out a little snort.
The book, whether medical school bound or medically trained or medically enthusiastic, is awesome!  I loved it.  From the tales of his pre-med and trying to find his identity to learning to let down parents gently (or not) to medical school to women to studying... and the basement shower!

Very much worth the money spent.  Very easily read and enjoyed.

Here is the link to my first post on the book.

http://adoc2be.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-stitches-anthony-youn-md.html

Here is the link to buy it online:

http://www.amazon.com/Stitches-Anthony-Youn/dp/1451608446/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1303766334&sr=8-1

No comments: