Monday, May 16, 2011

My Mother's Day Gift

My son rocks! Not quite sure how he did it yet but at some point, without a car, he managed to buy Season One of House...

Just watched the first episode. Near the end, the female resident asks why House hired her. He says, in a not so kind way, because she's gorgeous.

"Brains and beauty don't go together unless you're damaged."

Because, he rations, if one is that gorgeous things are given to a woman, without even asking. Marry rich, marry anything, life is paved, he likens.

But sometimes, the beautiful woman just wants to be loved... but House was right.

All gorgeous woman are damaged.

4 comments:

PACSman said...

Is the corollary then all that all damaged women are gorgeous? I think not. Some damaged women are gorgeous and some gorgeous women are damaged but not all are either. You need to figure out of you allow the damage to scar you or if you actually grow prettier and stronger grow from it..

Just a different perspective to be considered.

PACSMan

A Doc 2 Be said...

I think gorgeous women who become doctors probably have something that drives them to go through the rigors of medicinal training - whether abusive homes, death of family members, or what-not.

While the statement on the blog says gorgeous women are damaged - I should have made that say that gorgeous women who become docs are damaged... according to a TV show... and I partially agree.

Had I looked like this and had a normal, safe childhood and an early adulthood not full of strife, would I have the compassion to help others as I do now?

I don't think so. I think it is the pain that was caused which propels me forward and wanting to stop the pain for others but doing the only thing I have to give - myself, my brains, and my compassion.

Red Stethoscope said...

Yep. I've seen this episode and thought, "Crap. I think he's talking about me." Not that I proclaim to be "gorgeous" or whatever...but, you already know about my baggage, so yeah...way to call us out, House.

A Doc 2 Be said...

Yep, that's pretty much how I felt watching the episode.

For if I had the confidence of Giselle, I'd be married to my rockstar ex boyfriend and focused on getting a tan or botox, or ... erh.. or not. :)