Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Registered

Here I go... Finally.



Ran into an old professor the other day while out with my dogs. He asked me how I was doing, and when told I was not in school, and had not been, he said that it was a shame... Interestingly, I also ran into the EVP of the medical school at the art gallery. Had no idea who he was but after talking to him about art, and his wife's taste in sculpture, we talked about my life. Med school. Why I'm not in yet.

Then he paused and said somewhere there is a medical school that will take me, if only I will not give up.

I said that I hadn't but between the bankruptcy, foreclosure, my son's mental health, the stalker, the SEC investigation of my former employer (I did not ever divulge here that it was ongoing), my parents' health; I'd had my hands full and thought I should take a break. Re-evaluate, reconsider, rethink, recreate... the dream.

So, I've got it all planned out now.

Ochem and Neuro in the fall, bio if they add a night class
Ochem and biochem in the spring, possibly some stats class
Physics institute in the summer
MCAT in the summer
Apply in the summer

Let the circus begin!

3 comments:

Red Stethoscope said...

You can do it! Good luck!

Slamdunk said...

You continue to overcome challenges. Your plan looks good and I am cheering for you.

Penelope said...

Holy carp! That is a LOT to deal with and overcome.

Take a moment to reflect on what you just wrote and to give yourself a huge heaping round of applause for just getting through all off the stress that must have come with these events.