Saturday, June 4, 2011

From this:
















To this:


















To finally, this:











My life has evolved almost full circle and along the way stops (houses), I've learned a few things:

Easier to take care of things up front, than have the burden of overcoming years of ineptness and carelessness

Easier to meet new neighbors by having a BBQ than hope they'll stop on over with pie

And last:

it's not the size of the house, or the size of the paycheck, or the number of fancy vehicles one owns,
it is the size of the heart that counts.

1 comment:

Slamdunk said...

Amen to your life lessons.

I did laugh at the bbq versus pie suggestion. A few years ago, a new couple moved in across the street and my wife baked them a pie as a welcome to the neighborhood. I love the Mrs. dearly, but she is not the greatest cook (she will admit this as well)--so I was a little nervous. Anyway, the folks gave her an A+ for effort and we have remained close friends with them even though they later moved a few towns away. The biggest perk has been that the guy's wife is a fantastic cook and we enjoyed many bbqs and dinners over there.

Ok, good post and sorry to tangent...