Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ahhh Yes...

Today, I turned 47.  Thanks to Chuck who posted on last year's post :)

The day was spent in grand fashion talking to my g-chem II professor and his counterpart in the lab.  Ran into a former classmate of mine, she's now a junior, and if in organic this fall at that university, she'd be my TA.  Haha.  I giggled at that.  She did too.  Then mentioned she'd do what she could to help me get another coveted "A"...

I was supposed to talk to the biochem department today about PhD, glide year between med school application cycle and acceptance/waitlist/denial.  My thought had been to get all remaining coursework done, apply next summer, then during glide year take the calculus I need and genetics + microbiology.  The calculus would not help in med school, if accepted, but is required for PhD programs nationwide... whether biochem or neurology.  The genetics and microbiology would help me in med school and in PhD program, I think.

The TA and I talked a lot about her pursuit.  She's thinking PhD in medicinal biochem and we giggled again: if she actually does do medicinal biochem and I get accepted to med school here... ahem... she'd be my TA in organic AND  my TA in medicinal biochem.  LOL.  Good thing about her: she rocks!!  (Kedesha - you're awesome!)

So, I spent far too much time on one campus, never made it to the other, came home to a mowed lawn (thank you my awesomest son, G-man), went to have lobster, and then ... relaxed.

Overall it was a great day!

2 comments:

Solitary Diner said...

Happy Birthday! Lobster sounds like my idea of a birthday celebration. Mmmm.

Red Stethoscope said...

Happy Birthday!