Saturday, August 13, 2011

Borders Books

Pretty sure I'm taking ochem this fall as well as biology.  Ochem in spring and biochem.  Borders, sadly, is going out of business but man did I find some savings today!!

Biochem, microbiology, organic, and physics DeMystified, ExamKrackers 1001 questions for general chemistry and organic chemistry, and 1001 verbal reasoning questions (to go along with the EK set I bought two years ago).

Total price for 9 books?  $212.50... saved almost $350 off list price...

Great day!

3 comments:

medschoolodyssey said...

Nice to hear that you're still around.

I looked at a lot of the supplemental books, but the ones I found the most useful were the "Organic Chemistry as a 2nd Language".

Particularly for the second semester, the "Second Language" book was really useful. I pretty much ignored my textbook second semester.

Also, prior to the term, I worked my way through "The Nuts and Bolts of Organic Chemistry". I cannot say enough good things about that book. Really helped prepare me for the course.

A Doc 2 Be said...

Thanks MSO!! I will see if they have those as well.

I've been debating whether or not to get registered (Actually, I've been waiting for the U to do the "right" thing regarding Fall 2009)...

A few days ago, my biochem professor wrote me. Now, I'm thinking if all goes well this week, I'll be registered for this fall again... just need to get As.

Slamdunk said...

We raided the Borders about an hour away from us this weekend. There shelves were only 40% full nonetheless.