Monday, August 29, 2011

Mastering Biology

Okay, I'll be really honest (not like I have not been for almost three years already!!) but biology scares me. I remember well the dissection of fetal pigs, cats, horses, dogs, worms, grasshoppers, and a shark in high school and how I thought that was fascinating. What I also remember is how easy it was for me and how little I studied (read: did not study at all).

Which is why when I was a freshman in college back in Fall 1982, I started failing Anatomy. Partially I was still drunk going to class and partially because I took it for granted that I would just wheeze me way through the course. Ha! I got a "perfect" 0.0 that semester.

So, ochem does not terrify me. I'm kind of excited about that class, ordered my molecule kit (I don't like the plastic jobby that you get in the bookstore).

What to do about biology? The professor has a terrible reputation but was the best of the three teaching this semester. So, do I get the mastering biology online tutorials? Apparently, that has some test like questions, gives quizzes to test knowledge and tips on how to master the chapter.

Anyway, I'm eager to start back. Scratch that, things have fallen into place and I'm excited!! Great boss supporting me to do this, home without bugs crawling on me in the middle of the night, a son who is doing well in his own schooling...

3 comments:

Phathead said...

Biology is fairly easy because it's just regurgitation of material.

Classes like physiology and o chem are different because they are highly conceptual, integrated and very easy to get behind in.

A Doc 2 Be said...

Thanks for the heads up!

I think I'm going to buy the master biology just to get extra prep work done.

This time next year, I'll be applying.

Finally!

Rick said...

Pullin' for you. You'll figure out a way.