Monday, September 26, 2011

In Spring, 4 Credit Biology "A"

My biology professor hosts a trip to Ecuador each spring, more specifically: Galapagos Islands.


The trip includes 4 credits from my university, all flights, boat, food, drinks (!!!), and other stuff. I compared it against the National Geographic tours, of which I've done twice now, and decided I liked the idea of a 4 cr, 4xxx level "A" on my transcript.

Kind of a motivating option for me right now (not that I need any, just saying) - I get to combine a trip I've wanted to take with a 4 credit "A" in research (we're required to do a project of our choosing while on the trip) .

I like!

4 comments:

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

"combine a trip I've wanted to take with a 4 credit "A" in research”

Sounds wonderful; enjoy, learn and meet new folks.

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

I forgot to request some pictures too please.

Penelope said...

Wow. What an amazing way to earn credit.

My husband and I were in Galapagos three years ago. We went in December and I was surprised at how chilly it was.

We took some incredible photos and saw animals I didn't know existed. Snorkeling was my favourite part of the trip. Just beautiful!

Slamdunk said...

Sounds like a great opportunity.

I have a friend who has hosted students at an island location like this for 20 years. He loves it.