Saturday, September 3, 2011

T-3 Days

Pinch me.  Tell me this is going to hurt just a little but that everything will be better in the long run.

After a 15 month reprieve from school, tying up loose ends financially, loosing my beloved Storm, finding a contract that finally says, "You go girl!!!", I start school on Tues.

This time there is less stress.  Before, maintaining a 4.0 was near impossible with the debacle that was my life.  Emphasis on "was" -

There have been many bright spots in the past 15 months.  Sir Hawtsalot who tossed me out of an airplane (with a parachute) encouraged me to continue and gave me solace in the summer to unwind on his boat.  Unbeknownst to him, his... ahem... quality characteristics I choose not to live with... were also a reason to celebrate my new found self esteem.  I have learned to say no to behaviors I do not wish to be a part of, hard as that may be.  In this case, brutally difficult.

I think finding myself, ala Julia Roberts in "Runaway Bride" will serve me well.  If something feels wrong, I'm strong enough now to say so, or walk away and not try to fix it, or him/her.  While my confidence teetered on the brink of collapse, and probably did for a period of time, it's back now.

I know I can get "A"s... and with that, I'm not going to let my age dictate my path, or my passion, or my goals.

2 comments:

NP Odyssey said...

Glad you're back and feeling better. Enjoy the boat or hit the last days of the State Fair because Tuesday will come quick.

A Doc 2 Be said...

eh... the boat was last summer. This summer I found he had some character flaws I will not live with... his loss, and mine :/

I was thinking about it all today - next year, at this time, I will most likely have sent in my med school apps.

OMG!!!! :D :D :D