Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sigh... That Suprised Me

Grades were posted.  I did not get that solid "A" after all.  Got a low "A" high "B" but not sure why and won't know for sure, until I see the exam.  If I continue with the same score for rest of semester, I'd get an "A-" which not bad, but not solid.

The only thing I can think is that he did not ask for hybrid resonance and I got docked for not showing it.  If the question did not ask specifically for a structure, I did not put down.  As he said earlier in the course, if you put a bunch of crap on the exam hoping to get points, it'll probably hurt more since it won't make sense of things.

Other than that, I'm not sure how I did 9 points worse than my estimate.  Which feels, frankly, like I just got kicked in the gut... and makes me think internally, words I don't utter on this blog!

oiy.

4 comments:

Red Stethoscope said...

I don't know if this will make you feel better or worse, but it's not the end of the world. I got a B- (B-!!!!) in Orgo. I and I still got offered 9 interviews for med. school, and 3 acceptances before I started withdrawing. One bad exam grade, or course grade, won't break you. It just won't. Study hard, but don't lose your focus because you're upset.

A Doc 2 Be said...

I already coughed up a "B" ... and my ugrad, from 30 years ago, is beyond horrid. If I do as I say I should, I still can get an "A" in orgo. It does not seem hard to me... just made a really BAD mistake that cost me.

Thank you for offering some encouragement!!

medschoolodyssey said...

My understanding is that undergraduate grades aren't as significant as more recent coursework. Don't worry too much - plenty of your classmates, even many that will eventually go on to become doctors, would kill to have gotten your grade on their first organic chemistry exam.

A Doc 2 Be said...

@ MSO - thanks for the encouragement! We just started substitution and elimination reactions (probably SOP). I'm working those problems this weekend as well as studying for my biology lecture exam.