Last spring I'd been hearing about the latest/greatest innovative medical technologies. Apparently, a website tracks some of the latest to be publicized.
The latest post shows screws that indicate when it's fully tightened so no over-tightening occurs. Hate to think of that happening on a hip replacement, or Harrington rods in the back! (Loose screws = pain?)
Currently, the technology is available only to the construction industry but ortho and neuro surgeons are remarking on the possibility in the operating room. I could also see dentistry picking this up - replacement teeth, bridge repair work, jaw structure alignment, gum disease repair?
Here's a link to the site:
http://www.medgadget.com/
Lest I forget, it's official. I'm registered at the U for my first few steps into the new direction of pre-med. Biology and Chemistry and Math, oh my!
2 comments:
hi doc2b,
nice to "meet" you, i got here thru dr smak's blog.
i wish you the best. i am 53 and totally want to be a doc, but cannot for many reasons - most financial. you mentioned "herringer" rods in the back. i think maybe you meant Harrington rods? i am a diagnostic medical sonographer and have not been seeing patients for maybe 3 years, but i'm an editor and was a transcriptionist...so a terminology fanatic. :o)
i wish you the very best. i, too, really need some success in my life.
kcd
Hi KCD! Welcome to my blog :)
Big shout out to you for correcting my medical terminology. Thank you!!
Best wishes to you ~
Adoc
Post a Comment