Friday, April 23, 2010

And There In The Coolness Of The Vet Clinic


Storm, replete with tubes in his paw, blood draining out of his stomach, water dish lying empty
.
.
.
stood to attempt licking my face, slight wag of the tail, ears perked slightly when I asked, "Wanna come home?"

The news I have held my breath for, the news I gingerly asked for is here:

Me: "When will you be comfortable thinking he's gonna make it and the stomach won't turn necrotic?"

Vet: "I'm thinking he's gonna make it; I'm thinking he's going home... maybe even tomorrow."

And then tears... of relief, of joy, of finally NOT losing something precious to me.

Storm Trooper Extraordinaire.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is fantastic news!

Anonymous said...

Excellent news! It should make you a believer in Provers 3:5. Enjoy your time with him this weekend and let him savor the coolness of your own floor.

If I could get it to you I'd donate stuff for the garage sale because the only cause better than paying for Storm's recovery is you paying for school.

Have a great weekend!

PACSMan