Friday, April 30, 2010

Storm...

1/2 cup cooked oatmeal with pure maple syrup
2 pieces of bread
grass in the backyard

113 lb dog won't eat.

I've learned how to IV a dog, change solutions, monitor heart rate, check vital signs what I can't seem to do is find something he will eat.

This beloved fur kid who less than 2 weeks ago was bounding around the yard, demanding to be loved and kissed, is a shell of who he was. I want to give him time to recover from all the surgery, kidney issues, but my question remains: will he.

He follows me around the house, crawled up onto my bed this morning and curled up, flicked a paw in my face to rub his chest... but he would not eat more. I'd give him more bread but with the bloat, I'm scared to give too much and have him bloat again.

3 comments:

ForeverRhonda said...

I'm sorry....keep trying. You will know if/when it's time to let go, but until then keep trying.

Elizabeth said...

Scrambled eggs with some smelly cheese on top, a litle salt as well.. often works when nothing else will..
I sure hope he perks up, thinking good thoughts for you both..

Old MD Girl said...

Cottage cheese, peanut butter, yogurt. All these things made my mom's dog interested in food when nothing else would.