Friday, April 16, 2010

F R I E N D S

That was my favorite show for years. LOVED Rachel's flighty, flirty character and of course, Jen did that character flawlessly. What I loved about the show, and it's seeming premise "St Elmo's Fire" was the bonds that tie us are difficult to break... the friendship ties.

From an obvious distance I've watched the Sandra Bullock story unfold. My distate for men and women who cheat on their respective spouses and/or s.o. aside, what I find so heartening is the friends that have surrounded Sandra. They are tight lipped in public, and probably openly warm in private... just as friends should be.

As these past two years have unfolded I have likewise found out who my true friends are and honestly, I do not know how I could have made it through without them. They listened to my anger at my job loss and subsequent lawsuit, they guided when I had so many flying decisions coming at me that a hurricane force wind with pine needles would not compare, they laughed when I needed to, and mostly, they just continued to be my friend.

You know who you are, and in keeping with the fairly anonymous ways of this blog, I would not publicly post your names here. Know that like Rachel on FRIENDS, and Sandra in real life, your friendship and your heart have seen me through some very dark days.

Thank you!

1 comment:

Slamdunk said...

Well said. Friends who stand by us and say only what is needed are a welcome support.