Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Old Pre Meds Conference - Chicago, IL

I would be sorely remiss if I did not openly encourage all those who fit in the "older than dirt doctor wannabes taking pre med classes designed for our kids":

The first group I encountered in deciding whether I was sane, insane, merely slightly sane, or completely bonkers (which has yet to be thoroughly decided but that's a thread for another day) was the oldpremeds.org forum. Each year the forum founders, moderators, volunteers, and others put on a conference designed to encourage and educate those in the group I listed at the top of post.

Here is a link to the forum: http://www.oldpremeds.org/fusionbb/index.php?

Here is a link to the conference: http://www.oldpremeds.org/conference/

Here is my unabashed recommendation to attend

(unless, of course, you've already ascertained that anyone thinking they should start the pre-med path post 45 is already board certified neurologically incomplete as a homo sapien)

6 comments:

Old MD Girl said...

How incredibly cool! Are you going?

Slamdunk said...

Creative idea for a conference. I am sure the need for information in that audience is great.

gonnif said...

This is my shameless plug for the conference as the event organizer. This is the 10th annual conference with a great lineup of presentations, including our keynote speaker, Dr. Karen J. Nichols, President-Elect of the American Osteopathic Association. While the conference cost $75 plus travel/hotel in Chicago, our website, www.OldPreMeds.org is completely free. In the 10 years that the site has been in existence, it has over 7,000 registered users and many more thousands of readers. All are free to join, to read, to write, to participate.

Again thanks for the plug. And now we bring you back to our regularly scheduled blog programming.

Rich (aka "gonnif")

Ella said...

I've heard this is cool. Although I never went. I actually plugged it under my events tab too!

ForeverRhonda said...

I would love to go, however it's my wedding that weekend and I don't think I could convince my fiance to push the wedding so I can attend a conference!

A Doc 2 Be said...

Rhonda,

I can't believe your wedding is almost here!! OMGosh, seems like just yesterday you were talking about it wayyyy in the future :)

Congrats again!