Monday, September 28, 2015

AAMC Q-Packs

Many ask about using the AAMC materials, specifically the question packs and/or full length exam.

This is what I do:

1)  I take the q-packs as "accommodated" and select show me answer.  This allows the individual (me) to answer the question and then check to see if I'm correct.  If I am, I move on unless (!!) I was semi-guessing, or narrowed it down to two choices and then guessed the correct answer.

If I am wrong or semi-guessing, I make a note of the topic, what I got wrong, why I got it wrong

Though the time says 3 hours and 3 minutes, painstakingly going through every question take me about 5-6 hours.  I am thorough and complete.

2)  After each section test is complete, I review it to make my list from #1 is complete.

3)  After checking the list, I start going through each and every topic and making notes on the subject.  No matter how silly, or easy it seemed, I make a note of it.

More on full lengths later.  Below is what materials are available directly from the AAMC for a price, or included with your Kaplan course.


No comments: