Organic, it is said, wears thick upon the pre-med heart and is known as a med school killer. Serial killer, stalking it's victims one carbon, one reaction, or one mechanism at a time. Ginkgo biloba notwithstanding, organic chemistry kills.
I embraced organic when I was in high school. My chemistry teacher taught us to make esters, polypeptides, and more. There were four mechanisms he required us to know ... I think I did then, not so much anymore.
My fear, beyond animals wearing scales sporting a forked tongue, is physics. I bought the book today, a full 2.5 months early, just to have some light reading, get my mind wrapped around a subject matter that has generally made my eyes retreat to the other side of my brain, neurons silently saying "Goodnight".
Here's to physics! It will not master me, I will master it...
Or die trying!
2 comments:
Hi,
We have just added your latest post "Eeep! Bleep! And Physics, Oh My!" to our Directory of Science . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to your website.
Warm Regards
Scienz.info Team
http://www.scienz.info
Thank you!!
I appreciate the kind offer and will take you up on it.
Kind regards.
Post a Comment