While trying to figure out what to get my son for Christmas, I found a list of cool electronic gifts. Among the gifts was a toy called Mindflex. After reviewing the site, and reviewing some other material on it, seemed like a plausible electronic gadget especially given the book by Dr. Doidge on the ability of the mind to remap itself.
You can watch the video here:
So, I also started wondering about what videos I might find outside of Mattel's site (Mattel is the manufacturer). Guess my comfort level would have been higher had it been from a med device company or research institute or pick-your-favorite other clinical type company. Mattel is none of those.
Quickly, I had several other videos to watch on the Mindflex hoax. I have not had time to research why the 2nd video works (some of you more sciency people probably already have it figured out - I'm guessing moisture on the side of the head wearing ear muffs = sponge demonstration).
So, here's that video. Let me know your thoughts.
I'm kind of sad to see the scam video as I was hoping there was new neurological research being performed that would help with PD patients, or ALS patients or ... but apparently, not so much.
Make it a great day anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment