From this:
To this:
To finally, this:
My life has evolved almost full circle and along the way stops (houses), I've learned a few things:
Easier to take care of things up front, than have the burden of overcoming years of ineptness and carelessness
Easier to meet new neighbors by having a BBQ than hope they'll stop on over with pie
And last:
it's not the size of the house, or the size of the paycheck, or the number of fancy vehicles one owns,
it is the size of the heart that counts.


1 comment:
Amen to your life lessons.
I did laugh at the bbq versus pie suggestion. A few years ago, a new couple moved in across the street and my wife baked them a pie as a welcome to the neighborhood. I love the Mrs. dearly, but she is not the greatest cook (she will admit this as well)--so I was a little nervous. Anyway, the folks gave her an A+ for effort and we have remained close friends with them even though they later moved a few towns away. The biggest perk has been that the guy's wife is a fantastic cook and we enjoyed many bbqs and dinners over there.
Ok, good post and sorry to tangent...
Post a Comment