This is what I do when I panic (OMFGIAMNOTGOINGTOGETIN type panic!)
1) I breathe deeply and for as long as it takes to make the headache go away (that, or I pound Tylenol as hard as that is on my liver and kidneys)
2) I redo my GPA calculator and update for latest/greatest info (and I have separate scenarios listed so that if I get a B in biochem or an A- or whatever, I see how it affects my overall-last-three-year's GPA which, happens by the way, to be my cGPA and my BCPM)
3) I hit up this website typing in all the particulars...
PreMed Stats Med School Options
and after noticing that there are MANY blue and green schools listed (okay, so I won't get into the red schools: Johns Hopkins, or Mayo, or ... pick your favorite top 10 med school - seriously, I'm 47 almost 48, they'd have laughed at me anyway :D)...
I breathe again.
MCAT. Forget more courses. I'm sitting with a lousy 3.61 in BCPM but MCAT is my leveler. I'm taking it in January taking the 6 months prior to really master everything I can and hone my timing.
MCAT.
Blue and Green = happy Ad2b!
1 comment:
Always something to look forward to, eh?
In the disciplines that I am familiar with, the big exams are make or break for applicants.
Post a Comment