To which I reply... my son is studying Mandarin, hoping to get his MBA in finance, and then law degree - from Harvard no less.
To which I reply ... my parents need my help, they are elderly and frail, and I pay for them, no less.
To which I reply ... sometimes, other people have greater needs than I do and so I wait, and I hear about school, and I mourn the loss of a dream, no less.
Then, no less, something magical happens and I start thinking about biochem, and organic, and evo bio, and physics, and then... the dream has life, no less.
The no less that I did for me?
Introducing Chevalier.

He has lumps, bumps, bruises, a bit of ringbone and tad bit of sidebone. He has some needs that medically I understand.
He got me thinking about how bute dissolves in the kidneys but puts extra pressure on the liver. He got me thinking about way to counteract that... and then... I was back in biochem.
My $189 saved from the kill pen, 17 year old Percheron who just needs to be loved.
I can do that. And maybe while upon his stable manger, I can drag out the MCAT books that call me, and the Kaplan course which is paid for, and just maybe, between me saving him, and him saving me, I can go get this thing done.
Not dead. Not done. Just need a quick kick in the pants once in awhile.
1 comment:
Yes! You can do it!
And congratulations on your new addition! Chevalier is beautiful!
Post a Comment