Friday, August 9, 2013

Lacking Time, Or Not

It's not that I don't have time to post, I do.  It's not that I don't have a laptop when I travel, I do (thank you G-man!).

It's that.  I'm done.  Kicked in the gut, reality check, stomach churning, done.

And I'm okay with that.

Bentley's paw continues to heal.  We are almost 3 months into treatment for pseudomonas, beta hemolytic strep, and MRSA.  The medications for humans is zpac and cipro have been given to him in daily doses, along with SSD 1% and and acetyl keti chlor antiseptic.

The initial wound in July 2012, shortly after we moved to sunny, hot, humid (AWESOME!) Florida.  Yes, it was a snake.  Yes, it was a water moccasin (eeek!).


This is after cephalexin would not heal the wounds and it was cultured.


And after almost 2.5 months of treatment, this is where we're at today.


Better, but not cured.  But it will be.  Bentley is a love, a heartmender, a trusted furry friend.  There is no quitting with MRSA there is only diligence, hope, and vigilance.

1 comment:

NP Odyssey said...

How is the medical pursuit going? Lived in Florida and it is a great place to visit and snowbird south to in the winters if you are retired and can afford it.
It was not the humid environment that got to me, it was working environment that beat me down the most.