Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cipro For Noobs

Gotta love my son.  He'll be 19 (!!!) next Wednesday.  Seriously, when did I get old enough to have a kid that old?!  Anyway, that's not the point exactly...

Yesterday my script gotten written as I'd requested: 500 mg Cipro taken 2x per day for 5 days and what ails me should be dead.  This is not the first time I've taken the med so I kind of knew what to expect but apparently, my diet coke fetish is hampering me, or rather, is causing unwanted side effects.

Like, I'm more dizzy.  I'm light-headed.  The world seems to move slower than my body is ADHD notwithstanding.

When I told my son this, he asked with a very serious face, "Is the sky purple where you are?"  (he was sitting next to me in the car).

I said, "Dizzy son, not stoned out of my mind!!"

He laughed.  I was amused.

Note to self for future reference: tell patients to knock off the diet coke when taking Cipro or their children might likewise wonder what kind of meds they're on!

Make it a great day ~ and giggle, someone might need that (and the someone, could be you!)

1 comment:

Speculative Speculum said...

Diet coke rocks. Diet coke + Cipro, I've never had! Hope that you feel better.