Saturday, September 19, 2009

Finally, I Got It

Acceleration while moving away from the Earth is going down, and coming back down to Earth acceleration is likewise going down.

THAT makes it easy to understand. The way it was described in class, not so much...

The looming physics exam is not giving me headaches like last semester's chemistry exams. So I have to wonder what the difference is. There are plenty. with two primary ones.

One: I've taken off the pressure on myself to get a perfect A. I think that extra pressure of 4.0 only, made me beyond nervous when I bombed my first exam (Abby dying the night before notwithstanding). In talking to the various medical schools yes, they will see my gawd-awful undergraduate GPA, they will see my MBA GPA, and finally, they will see my BCPM GPA. It is that BCPM GPA that will matter most and obviously, it will be stellar. All that plus a solid MCAT score and I will be fine, moreover, admittable.

Two: With two semesters under my belt, I've learned how to study for science classes (again?) and how to learn the equations given. It was never about the straight forward "PV = nRT" type equation it's how one could derive the "n" if given other information. In chemistry we are given problems at the beginning of lecture without help. This is for those of us who come early to settle in, get our heads centered on chem for the hour. I like it.

So, my first physics exam is on Thursday. Guess where your blogger is?!

Make it a great day!

2 comments:

sacrebleu said...

I stumbled on your blog and you sound like a cool person. =)

I wish you the best of luck, and can't wait to see you make it.

A Doc 2 Be said...

Aww shucks. Thank you!