Sunday, September 25, 2011

Concerta FTW

Without Concerta, I spend about 20 minutes settling down with the books aligned appropriately, the chair getting comfy, the note cards, pens and pencils all stacked and sorted; then another 20 minutes actually figuring out which problems I want to work on for which subject; then another 20 minutes looking at my surroundings (lipoproteins); then about that time it's time for a bathroom break and on the way back and perusal through the JAMA magazines and finally, back to my seat 1.5 hours after I arrive.

With Concerta, I spend about 5 minutes getting my crap out, putting the book down, opening to the problems set I want to work out, another 5 minutes getting my molecule set out and aligned to study butane structures, or cyclohexane; and 7 hours on my glutes sitting on one chair in the library getting the homework done.

'nuff said :)

4 comments:

Slamdunk said...

Ha, sounds like quite the difference. Glad you know what works for you.

A Doc 2 Be said...

Ping-pong ball meet Concerta!

Penelope said...

Glad to hear you've found something that works for you.

My husband has tried countless approaches and has never achieved an optimum concentration level.

A Doc 2 Be said...

@ Penelope: it has been a godsend... if only I'd have had it 40 years ago!!