Monday, January 11, 2010

I Have A Home

My new home is available starting Feb 1. I can hardly wait! Not sure what excites me more:

The HUGE backyard that is fenced for the dogs.

The HUGE downstairs that has plenty of space for my family room furniture.

OR

The HUGE backyard :D (yes, my dogs are going to love it!!)

Losing my home of 10 years is beyond painful. I bought it with the hopes of raising my son here to his adulthood in splendor and luxury. I bought it with the hopes of retiring here and being able to provide a guest home for my parents should they ever be single again. I bought it with the hopes of being able to build my next egg and retire well.

One of three aint bad. My son had an amazing home to grow up in.

So, now what?! Hopefully, tomorrow I can get the money from the bank to pay for my fall classes, get registered, and move on with my life.

My new life has begun and with eyes open I will cherish the lessons learned, the memories created, and move on.

6 comments:

Slamdunk said...

Congrats--super news.

That must be a huge load off of your shoulders. When we moved here from an apartment, we could not imagine what life with a fenced backyard was like--our dog lived her final years as queen of the quarter-acre.

A Doc 2 Be said...

LOL @ Queen of the 1/4 Acre! LOVE it :)

I'm relieved to be sure. Friends have said they will help me with stuff like mowers; other friends have offered to help pack; still yet others, have offered a kind shoulder and supportive words - like you.

It is all a bit surreal still.

But as my dad told me tonight, this house with ALL of its problems, poor craftsmanship, horrible interior work by builder, terrible oversight by building inspector - has been an albatross around my neck since the day I bought it, 10 years ago. For 8 years, I've spent $$$$ of dollars fixing items that should not have needed fixing on a newer home.

Moving on. Moving forward!

ForeverRhonda said...

Congrats--I hope you love your new home. This is probably one of those blessings in disguise! The ones that we later look back on and realize that even though at the time we thought a horrible thing was happening, we now know that it was the best thing for us. Much like the bad break-ups, losing homes, etc. I wish you the best, and I mean that with all of my heart.

Kara said...

Awesome!!!
So glad to hear there was an open window for you! I'm excited to read this post! :)

A Doc 2 Be said...

Thank you SD, Rhonda, and Kara!

I'm packing like a mad woman... oh, that should be my post for the day... stay tuned!!

:D

Old MD Girl said...

Nice! I'm sure the dogs will love the yard.