Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

1. When I make the decision to re-enroll, I will not question that decision again until the end of the semester; no matter how crazy, busy, frenetic my life gets, OR how lazy I feel.

2. IF I re-enroll in school, I will set aside 2 hours every day to do something COMPLETELY unrelated to school; not work, not books, not studying, not being on campus and commuting home does not count! I'm thinking cooking my favorite Ghiradelli brownies, or watching a movie, or running with the dogs...

3. I will spend time at concerts - small and large venue, opera (what I wouldn't do for another run of "Faust"!!) or even another run of "Spamalot" ... /whistles, "Always look on the bright side of life..."

4. I will sign up for another 1/2 marathon. Eek. The last one was so much fun, laughed throughout the entire 13.2 miles, and smiled broadly at the end. Runner's high, however, led to runner's low... will remind myself to rest afterward as well, hoping to thwart that low. It was gawdawful.

5. I will travel to Africa and volunteer in clinic in one of the capital cities.

6. Enjoy my life more this year than last. Should not be hard to do. 2009 was a doozy only to be bested by 1986.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Wow. My only goal is to beat the crap out of my evil arch-enemy, the Wii Fit Trainer.

He/she will likely win again this year, but hope springs eternal.

A Doc 2 Be said...

You already pursued, and obtained the sacred initials.

I'm envious!

Fit training is schmeezy!