Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's 12:21 AM

and I'm wired... not quite motivated but wired.

Sitting in front of me:
  1. Knight's Physics text
  2. Examkracker's Physics prep book
  3. diet coke (I TOLD you 3x a day!!!)
  4. Complete Problem Solver - Algebra edition
Tonight, I'm thankful for the supportive responses. So often this road feels isolationist, every corner or bump in the road to be navigated alone.

I'm single, don't date, parents are elderly, son is a teen, dogs don't talk, friends are married/busy with boyfriends-living life/ and so at the end of the day, it is me and my canine friends... and all of you who write, comment, console, support, and read.

Thank you!!!

And To Christine:

You are an amazing young woman. Your capacity to care, to encourage, to listen, to support, to motivate go beyond your years... never give up, micro sucks for everyone :P

(Never hurts to shamelessly send a public plug for one's boss :D)

Thank you again - to all of you... my wagon is sitting there, beckoning me to jump back on and gingerly, I'm moving forward.

2 comments:

DocToBe said...

Ok. I'm not going to tell you what to do. Maybe you should be a doc, maybe you shouldn't. Maybe you're too screwed up, maybe your just right. Who knows.

Your life is complicated. Money is tight. Welcome to club "The rest of us."

In a few years from now, your life can be complicated AND unfulfilled.

OR

Your life can be complicated AND you will be a doctor.

On August 15th of this year, I lamented to my wife about how life had somehow gotten in the way of my ambitions. My employer cut my pay in half, we found out we were pregnant with #3, and there was no way in hell I could afford the time/money to return to school.

FYI - I still have a crappy job, I sleep much less than I should, kids #1 and #2 see me about 5mins/day, and I still can't afford school.

The only difference between my life now and my life then: I will finish my first semester on Nov 30th with all A's.

Totally worth it.

A Doc 2 Be said...

First - Congrats on incoming #3!! That's news worthy of a double clapping icon!

Second - Congrats on awesome grades! I bet you feel like a million bucks and that every day you are one step closer to your own dream.

Third - thank you for your candor! Being from this state, often people are too wishy/washy to say what they mean, and mean what they say, covering honesty in a dirth of euphemistic words. (I've even honed that craft myself apparently.)

Last, thanks for taking time to read!

Maybe last-last, I think ALL non-trads trying to become docs and giving up good careers, incurring ginormous debt are screwed up. Who in their right mind would jump on the roller coaster of pre-med and not be?!!